Where to stay ?
There is a free camping site very near to the festival area.
In the region one can find bed & breakfasts and hotels in different price & comfort ranges.
Food & Drink
Once again, a team of more or less fifty cooks will prepare lovely meals for the public of Roots & Roses. With some tasty novelties …
The stand of South East Asia
Food as you could find in the streets of Phnom Penh or Bangkok:
- Chicken wings stuffed with meat, vegetables and fresh herbs
- Vermicelli salad with shrimps
- Coconut milk pancakes with fried pork and soya
- Fried noodles with vegetables (veg)
- Fried noodles with caramelised pork
- Spring rolls with chicken and shrimps
The stand « Indian food of Mauritius »
The Mauritian dishes are based on the Indian cuisine, even more refined and mixed with African and European influences.
- Beef carry with tomatoes and fennel, flavoured with fresh thyme and served with basmati rice.
- Carry of lentils with fresh coriander and thyme, served with green onions en basmati rice (veg)
- Achard of vegetables (crunchy vegetables marinated in oil and vinegar, flavoured with coriander and mustard seeds), served with rice or bread (veg).
The Belgian stand. Charcuterie and Festival Traditionals.
Here you can find meals usually served on festivals, but also meals from Southern Italy and charcuterie. And of course, everything is prepared by our cooks in an artisan way. High quality is guaranteed.
- Real giant pure beef burgers. Served in artisan bread with sesame or on a plate.
- Homemade ketchup and salad.
- Traditional fries baked in blanc de boeuf, served with homemade dressings (mayonnaise, pickles or ketchup)
- Chile con carne, topped with a homemade habanero sauce (spicy and flavoured) and/or sour cream.
- Rabbit in Sicilian way, baked in olive oil and marinated with onions, peeled tomatoes, green olives, capers, white wine and white wine vinegar. Served with bread or on a plate.
- Porchetta, salted pork, stuffed and cooked during 18h on a low temperature with a subtle mixture of fresh herbs. Served with artisan bread or on a plate. A traditional recipe from Southern Italy.
- Veal meatloaf with lemon, parmesan and mortadella
- Homemade pâté
- Maquée preparée (white cheese) (veg)
And also, for a snack:
- Homemade cervelat
- Homemade dry sausages
- Homemade chorizos with smoked peppers
Food/Drink tickets :
9 tickets for 10€
Soft drinks (water, juices) : 2 tickets
Pils Dupont, “Roses”, Belge : 2 tickets
Moinette (lager, dark) and Saison Dupont : 8€/bottle
Pommeau, wine (red, white, rosé) : 2 tickets
Trappistes : 3 €